Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year. In order to be successful Westvale needs the support and involvement of families, faculty, staff and the community. Please show your support by becoming a member of the Westvale Elementary PTA.
At the Westvale PTA we believe that every idea is valuable and every voice matters. We look forward to meeting you and working with you. Please join us at one of our meetings which take place on the first Thursday of each month at 3:10pm in the Westvale Library. Hope to see you there!
Please contact our PTA President, Jan Braegger at email@example.com.
PTA Executive Committee Members
- President: Jan Bragger – firstname.lastname@example.org
- President Elect: Danielle Sanchez
- Treasurer: Brittni Posey
- Secretary: Stephanie James
- Legislative VP: Rosalva Garcia
- Teacher Representative VP:
- Principal Administrative VP: Brenda Anderson email@example.com
PTA Board Members
- Community Involvement Commissioner:
- Education Commissioner:
- Engaging Minority Leaders Commissioner:
- Family Life Commissioner:
- Health & Safety Commissioner:
- Field Day Chair:
- Fun Run Chair:
- Reflections Chair:
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation Chair:
Want to be a Board member or are curious about PTA elections? Click HERE to learn more.
Check us out on Facebook! Click HERE to join our group!
Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Be a powerful voice for all children
- Be a relevant resource for families and communities
- Be a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child
Why should I join PTA?
- Be in the Know. PTA helps you keep up with what is happening in your school and how you can support your child’s education.
- Build Relationships. PTA connects you to other families through meetings, events, and communications, and helps build a sense of community.
- Support a great cause. By volunteering to be a room parent, committee member or PTA volunteer you will have the opportunity to use and expand your skills and talents to benefit children and the school. Whether you have a little time or a lot, your help is always welcome.
- Speak up. Because PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, we can help you effectively suggest change in your child’s school.
- Help your child succeed. PTA fosters parent involvement. Parent involvement has been proven by decades of research to be the greatest predictor of student success.
- Be a role model. The most important reason to join the PTA is the impact you will make in your child’s life and educational experience!
How do I join?
Our annual dues are $6 and joining is easy and open to anyone. You can sign-up online, click HERE to get started; or you may send in your dues in an envelope and turn it in to your child’s teacher. Once you join there are some great perks too. Click HERE to see the full list of businesses that offer valuable benefits exclusively for PTA members.
How is the money used?
PTA dues at Westvale are distributed as follows:
- $2.25 – National PTA
- $1.75 – Utah State PTA
- $1.25 – Westvale PTA
- $0.75 – Jordan NE Elementary Council PTA
What does the National PTA, the Utah State PTA, the Jordan NE Council PTA and the Westvale PTA do?
National PTA provides training and resources for state, council and school board members. The National PTA provides up-to-date information and resources for parents, teachers and students, as well as legislative updates.
The Utah Congress of Parents and Teachers lobbies on behalf of children concerning a variety of issues. Strong support of legislation to improve the safety and health of Utah’s children are a top priority.
The Jordan NE Council PTA consists of 10+ PTA’s in the Jordan School District and are a liaison between the Westvale PTA and the Utah State PTA.
At Westvale Elementary, the PTA provides support by organizing volunteers for classroom and school projects, planning family and community events, and raising money to provide classroom grants, field trip grants, and support extra curricular activities.
To see a list of the programs supported by our PTA click HERE.
Interested in volunteering or helping out in other ways at Westvale?