Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year. In order to be successful Westvale needs the support and involvement of families, faculty, staff and the community. Please show your support by becoming a member of the Westvale Elementary PTA.
- Be a powerful voice for all children
- Be a relevant resource for families and communities
- Be a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child
Why should I join PTA?
- Be in the Know. PTA helps you keep up with what is happening in your school and how you can support your child’s education.
- Build Relationships. PTA connects you to other families through meetings, events, and communications, and helps build a sense of community.
- Support a great cause. By volunteering to be a room parent, committee member or PTA volunteer you will have the opportunity to use and expand your skills and talents to benefit children and the school. Whether you have a little time or a lot, your help is always welcome.
- Speak up. Because PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, we can help you effectively suggest change in your child’s school.
- Help your child succeed. PTA fosters parent involvement. Parent involvement has been proven by decades of research to be the greatest predictor of student success.
- Be a role model. The most important reason to join the PTA is the impact you will make in your child’s life and educational experience!
What does the National PTA, the Utah State PTA, the Jordan NE Council PTA and the Westvale PTA do?
National PTA provides training and resources for state, council and school board members. The National PTA provides up-to-date information and resources for parents, teachers and students, as well as legislative updates.
The Utah Congress of Parents and Teachers lobbies on behalf of children concerning a variety of issues. Strong support of legislation to improve the safety and health of Utah’s children are a top priority.
The Jordan NE Council PTA consists of 10+ PTA’s in the Jordan School District and are a liaison between the Westvale PTA and the Utah State PTA.
At Westvale Elementary, the PTA provides support by organizing volunteers for classroom and school projects, planning family and community events, and raising money to provide classroom grants, field trip grants, and support extra curricular activities.
To see a list of the programs supported by our PTA click HERE.
2019-2020 Executive Committee and Volunteer Positions (openings available!)