Why and How to Volunteer
- You learn about Westvale’s staff! There are so many wonderful educators that take time to open the world up to our children. When you spend time at school, you learn who they are, what they do, and how they help your children.
- Your learn about Westvale! You learn about all the activities we’re involved with. You learn how things work. You learn how the students are growing every day. They say hello to you in the hallway and become your extended family!
- You learn about your children! You make real connections when they tell you how their day went because you learn about their friends, their teachers and their classes.
- You promote volunteerism! You become a great role model for your children and as they get older, they’ll understand the importance of helping out.
- You make things happen! If we didn’t have all the wonderful volunteers that help us with all types of events and needs, nothing would get done at Westvale. It is that important. Even an hour or two, whether it’s helping during school time, evening events, or doing necessary work from home – it’s all necessary and so appreciated!
- Your ideas, your experience, your effort – it is needed and important.
How can I contribute?
There are so many ways to help! Please take a look at the list below and if anything catches your eye don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All these wonderful programs are made possible by our awesome parent volunteers and we can’t thank them enough.
- Classroom Help
- Vision & Hearing Screenings
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation and Meals
- Leader In Me
- Book Fairs & Santa Shop
- Moms & Muffins, Dads & Donuts, Grandparents & Granola
- Physical Fitness Week, Red Ribbon Week, Family Week
- Field Days & Fun Run
- Leap Day Activities
- Talent Show
- Counting BoxTops, Labels, Coke Rewards
- Attending PTA Meetings